- Unity for Matt & I as we face decisions for labor, delivery, and care for Anna.
- I hope for labor that is not too long. (Very long, difficult labor & delivery experience with first baby.)
- Pray that our doula will be helpful and will be a good fit personality-wise with our family, doctor, and nurses.
- For wisdom for the nurses, doctor, and medical staff who will be helping us. Pray that communication will be clear.
- I would like delivery to be as smooth as possible so I can heal quickly and not have physical limitations interfere with care for Anna.
- May God orchestrate everything involved with the birth - timing of induction, length of labor, ease of delivery, when family arrives, who can visit, how our son Isaac can come see us and meet Anna, where people wait and sleep...
- Our sweet son, Isaac - He is only 20 months old, but we know he can sense something big is happening. Please pray for protection for his emotions and that he would be enveloped with peace. I hope he is OK with the different family & friends he has had to stay with, and that whatever happens after Anna's birth will be a smooth transition for him as well.
- That I will be able to be real - not afraid to show my emotions and preferences. To communicate affectively.
- That Matt will have the support he needs as a man/dad - he will be the one to go with Anna to Children's and have to witness a lot.
- That family relationships will be protected; everyone will be sensitive to each other and the whole experience will draw us closer together.
- We will be able to share our faith if the opportunity is right. Through all the emotions and challenges, we would be able to sense the Lord's guidance in conversations and situations.
- I would really like to hold Anna girl. I can't wait to see her, touch her, kiss her... I want to look into her eyes and tell her I love her.
- I'd like the timing of an epidural to be perfect so that it gets me through delivery, yet doesn't hold me back from going to Children's so I can be with Anna.
- That the neonatal team would be skilled in their care and assessment of Anna immediately after birth - that they would have keen sense of what to do, to not give up too soon, and to be open to options they perhaps didn't think of previously.
- That we would sense the holy presence of Emmanuel - God With Us - every step of the way. May we be aware.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Specific Prayer Requests
Posted by Alissa Peppley at 4:06 PM